A straightforward Battle Plan for handling tantrums.
Of all the behavioral problems parents face from their children, temper tantrums may be the most upsetting as well as the hardest to manage. Major meltdowns may also be the most potent tool kids have when it comes to training their parents to do what the children want. Moms and dads who have learned to fear tantrums have an extremely difficult time maintaining control of their own homes.
In Tantrums! Managing Meltdowns in Public and Private, you will learn:
- The three main causes of tantrums
- The two goals of tantruming children
- The problem with distraction and reasoning
- The power of “The Ten-Second Rule”
- A four-step process for meltdown management
- How to handle tantrums in public
In Tantrums!, Dr. Phelan provides you with a brand new perspective and a specific, straightforward management plan for this aggravating problem. If you’re fed up with useless yelling, arguing, begging and pleading, here’s a short, easy-to-learn and effective answer.
2015 Feathered Quill Award Winner First Place, Parenting Category